Brewing takes place up to five times a week, with malt from Warminster, hops from Charles Faram and their own yeast, which is a very versatile one and a similar strain to Youngs.
The 12 brewers barrel brewery is located in a brand new industrial unit. There is a mixture of dish top & bottom fermenters for producing the core range as well as English built cylindroconical fermenters for producing more hop forward beers under the Great Uncle John’s range.
We have a diverse range of beers with colours, strengths & flavours to suit everyone’s palate.
Our Core Beers
Pale Ale, New Zealand Wheat Pale Ale
The combination of the malt results in a soft full bodied beer with citrus & tropical fruit flavours.
Pairs well with Asian flavours of soy sauce, lime & sweet chilli.
Ingredients: Warminster floor malted Maris Otter, Wheat Malt & Specialty Malt Carahell. Hops: New Zealand Taiheke & Rak Au
Full bodied Session Ale with hints of Tropical Fruits is a perfect easy drinker
At 3.9% this full bodied Session Ale is a perfect easy drinker. The beer pairs well with Roast Dinner, Nachos, Chinese Food or even Smoked Meats.
Ingredients: Brewed with Maris Otter from Warminster Maltings, Crystal, Rye Crystal & Chocolate Malt. Hops: Perle & Citra
English Pale Ale
Award-winning Fruity Refreshing Ale with hints of Citrus.
Our multi award-winning best seller Funky is a great drink for any occasion, but it's especially worth trying with fish and chips!
Ingredients: Brewed with Maris Otter Pale Ale Malt & Speciality Malts, Munich, Vienna & Melanoidin. Hops: Magnum, Cascade, Pacifica & Centennial.
American Pale Ale
Clean Citrus with bold Floral American hops.
Sunshine in a glass. This is bright and bold, a perfect summer drink. The bold American hops are big enough to not get dwarfed by Thai Food, Indian Curries, Mexican Food, Burgers or indeed any Spicy Food.
Ingredients: Brewed with Maris Otter Malt from Warminster & Vienna Malt. Hops: Perle & Centennial.
A smooth malty beer with fruity aromas and flavours that exhibit elements of apple, pear and stone fruit, brightened with hints of lime citrus.
This smooth beer pairs well with Pizza or Meat that's been Grilled or Roasted.
Ingredients: Brewed with Maris Otter Malt from Warminster Maltings, Munch, Flaked Oats, Crystal & Wheat Crystal Malt. Hops: Bramling Cross & Olicana.
Rich Roasted Malt flavour with a Coffee Aroma.
A warm velvety Stout with a deep rich roasted malt flavour a perfect autumn pint. Combines well with Stews, Seafood, Pasta or on the sweeter side Cheesecake, Ice Cream or Chocolate.
Ingredients: Brewed with Mild Ale Malt, Smoked Malt, Roast Barley, Chocolate, Munich & Crystal Malt. Hops: Challenger, Crystal & Dr Rudi
Floral Orange with a Full Hop Flavour.
With big traditional hop flavours as the name suggests this one will leave you wanting more. This English Hopped Beer with full hop flavour pairs well with Cheese, Kedgeree, Jerk Pork or for those with a sweet palate Cake.
Ingredients: Brewed with Maris Otter from Warminster Maltings & Carared Malt. Hops: Perle & Admiral.
Bitter sweet with complex floral flavours.
A bright golden beer with complex fruit flavours that ends with a bitter sweet dry finish. Thisl Beer goes well with Asian Food or even the Humble Pub Sandwich.
Ingredients: Brewed with Low Colour, Pale Ale Maris Otter & Caragold. Hops: Challenger & Melba.
Our Seasonal Beers
- Brown Cow Brown Ale, Nutty floral ale with light chocolate flavours ABV 4.8%
- Rise of the Independents Nelson Sauvin - IPA Bright, Juicy, Exotic Flavours A single-hopped IPA, thats flavoured and dry-hopped exclusively with Nelson Sauvin. Beautifully aromatic, bold and fruity, this maverick of hops is named after its city of birth in New Zealand and its unique taste of the sauvignon blanc wine grape. The result is a beer that transports your taste buds to the other side of the world, with hints of gooseberries, mango, peach, grapefruit and a burst of pepperiness. ABV 4.8%
- Prodigal Sun Not Quite Pale Ale Amarillo & Basil, The taste of sunshine in a glass Amarillo hops are citrus, tropical and floral. They are grown in the pactific North West of America and were discovered by accident. The basil blends subtly with the Amarillo hop to enhance the overall flavour. Pairs well with Asian flavious of soy sauce, lime & sweet chilli. ABV 5.2%
- Morello Bordello Porter, A Porter brewed with Pracific Gem & Bramling Cross. Five types of roasted malts are used to balance with the hops to produce flavours of dark chocolate, blackberries & cherries counter balanced with a soft malty backbone. ABV 5.2%
- Huell Melon Pale Ale, Honeydew melon & strong fruit flavours ABV 4.7%
- March Madness Pale Ale, Smooth copper, malty base rounded bitterness ABV 4.4%
- Amarillo American Pale Ale, Brewed with American hops from Washington State ABV 4.6%
- Milk St Wheat German Wheat Beer, Fruity gold and well-rounded ABV 4.4%
- Devil's Backbone Porter, Devilishly dark porter with flavours of elderberry ABV 4.6%
- Powderkeg Brown IPA, Hoppy toffee with hints of stone fruit ABV 4.5%
- Bobbled Amber Ale, Citrus flavours with moderate maltiness ABV 5.5%
Our Great Uncle John Range
Azacca Pale Ale, Fresh & Floral
Pekki IPA, Juicy Tropical, Citrus Flavours
American dark wheat beer.
The specility roasted wheat malts give this beer a smoothness with mild flavours of caramel, almonds biscuits and bread.
Hop used are El Dorado in the copper resulting in stonefruit and pear.
Dry hopped with Calypso leaving flavours of juicy pears.
Session IPA - big hop flavours with a lower ABV